Backyard Poultry June/July 2020 • 15/3 is in-home May 14th but available online NOW! Subscribe for stories on kids in 4-H, FFA, and Grange, picking out roosters before they crow, how to REALLY know if eggs are bad, and a disease profile of fowlpox.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Photo Essay: Chickens in Waukesha County
• All Cooped Up: Fowlpox
• Flock Files: Fowlpox
• Butter Chicken & Masala
• How to Make Perfect Hard (and Soft) Boiled Eggs
• Countryside Adventure Snack Bars
• Starting Small — Dreaming Big
• Organizations Lead Young People Toward Poultry
• Show Chickens for Kids
• Taking a Break with Chickens
• Don’t Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch!
• Helping Kids Cope With the Loss of Backyard Hens
• Homes for Hens
• Wound Care for Chickens
• Flock Files: Poultry Wound Care
• Know Before They Crow: Picking Out Roosters
• How to Dispose of Dead Chickens and Other Poultry
• Bad Eggs
• Flock Files: How to Tell if Eggs are Bad
• Virulent Newcastle Disease and Cancer Treatment
• Will Chickens Make the Next Cancer Medicine?
• Olandsk Dwarf: A Rare Chicken Breed
• Coop Inspiration: Muddy Oak Hen House
• Breed Profile: Silver Appleyard Duck
• The Secret Life of Poultry: Bird Surrogacy
IN EACH ISSUE
• From The Editor
• Coming Events
• Reader Submitted Letters: Something To Crow About
• Ask the Expert
• Flock Photos
• Backyard Poultry Bookstore
• Breeders Directory/Classifieds
• Just for Fun
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS:
Connect and share ideas with backyard poultry owners like you and watch for new stories on our social channels!
• Facebook.com/backyardpoultry• Instagram.com/backyardpoultrymag
• Pinterest.com/poultrymagazine Include #backyardpoultrymag for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.